As humans, we tend to overcomplicate things and/or over-research. People are always looking for the magic pill and would rather not follow these very simple steps:
- Nourish your body with good foods most of the time. This means EAT YOUR VEGGIES, lean proteins, good carbs, and healthy fats. MIND YOUR PORTIONS 🙂
- Aim for 8 hours of sleep per night. Sleep is linked to frickin everything we do. Check out this article outlining benefits of more sleep.
- Drink plenty of water. Aim for 80 ounces or more per day. I typically go for 100 ounces per day. If you don’t like water then, first of all, you’re weird, and secondly, you need it to survive so there’s that 🙂 Here’s another good article to read on benefits of drinking water.
- Allow yourself to mindfully indulge(eat it slowly and really enjoy it). This means you should have that occasional treat and not feel guilty about it. A dozen donuts in one sitting=bad. ONE donut=good. ENJOY IT!
- Oh yeah, did I mention that SLEEP IS GOOD FOR YOU?! Work on a sleep routine for better sleep hygiene: Shut off electronic devices an hour before you go to sleep, do something relaxing(read a book, stretch, meditation, yoga, cuddle with loved ones, hang out with pets, etc) and then go to frickin’ sleep! 🙂